How To Re-appliance Your Kitchenby Tupei Lu ser
If you're looking to renovate your kitchen, you've come to the right place. We're going to talk about how to create a surface level renovation, using new appliances to achieve a new, more modern look for your kitchen. Let's get started.
1. Color: If your kitchen already has a color tone, you probably want to stick with it. White is a classic choice for appliances, black is sometimes secondary, and stainless steel is always popular because of its more modern look.
2. If you want to make appliances like your fridge and dishwasher blend in, you can work with a cabinet maker to camouflage your Sub Zero appliances.
3. Ovens: There are many different kinds of ovens out there, but if you're serious about cooking and entertaining, you might want dual Viking gas ranges or Wolf gas ranges. These bad boys have six to eight burners rather than the traditional four and are easier to control when you're cooking than electric stovetops. You also have the option to stack your ovens on top of each other which helps you save space. This is called the modular approach, and is growing increasingly popular today.
4. Range Hoods: These are a good investment because they prevent common kitchen odors and the irksome cooking smoke that often sets off a fire alarm. Moreover, vaporized grease can dull new kitchen surfaces while condensation and moisture can work against your home's insulation. Range hoods direct all of this matter to one common place to eventually move it outside the house.
5. Refrigerators: You can go with the traditional freezer on top fridge on bottom, freezer and fridge side by side, or, my personal favorite, the freezer below. This style is used in Sub Zero appliances and is one of the better options for high volume refrigeration, usually with a 22 cubic foot capacity. Of course these models are more luxurious and expensive, but dang they look good.
6. Size: The average refrigerator has a volume of 18 cubic feet. A general heuristic is 12 cubic feet for two people and then 2 feet extra per person. If you're an entertainer, the more space the better and if you like your wine and you have the space, a wine fridge is a great option.
7. Dishwashers: Technology has made the dishwasher smaller, quieter and more energy efficient than those of yore. To further reduce energy, choose a model with internal water heating, which removes the burden from your home's hot water heater. More expensive models have optional settings for china, pots and pans or crystal, while more basic ones have the standard light, medium, and heavy settings.
The kitchen is usually the center of family activity 'from cooking and eating to resting and relaxing, many families today even have a computer and TV in their kitchens. It's important to ensure that your kitchen is comfortable and that your appliances are reliable. Your refrigerator, for example, is one of the only appliances in your household that must run continuously. So choose wisely, but remember that you can look for discount kitchen appliances that are last season's models or are on sale in order to save some extra cash.
Created on Mar 29th 2010 22:11. Viewed 534 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.