Prep-Ahead Mashed Potatoesby Elaine Ocang
Prep-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
1. 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
2. 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
3. 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
4. 1/4 cup milk
5. 2 tablespoons butter
6. 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
7. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1. Place potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to completely cover potatoes. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15 min. or until potatoes are tender.
2. Drain potatoes; return to saucepan. Add sour cream, cream cheese and milk. Mash with potato masher to desired consistency. Spoon into microwaveable serving bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat; add mushrooms. Cook 5 min. or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently. Spoon into small bowl; cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Vent plastic wrap covering potatoes. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 8 min. or until heated through; stir. Top with mushrooms. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 2 to 3 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with thyme.
Yield: 12 servings
We have made mashed-potatoes the least of your worries for the big holiday meal. Our secret to a delicious make-ahead mash is two special ingredients: sour cream and cream cheese. They keep this favorite rich and creamy so you can prepare it the night before and just microwave right before serving.
US Food Crisis Survival
But I now know it's simply not enough. I wasn't taking this seriously enoug...
Sign Language for Babies and Beyond
Only do we do the usual communication with our eyes - we can now sign to ea...
...:: Natural Pairing - 8 thoughts ...
Learn how to pair food and wine in an EASY way! Natural Pairing is, most li...
Created on Aug 22nd 2009 00:32. Viewed 263 times.