Holiday time again: It's all in the color of glasses you wearby Malka Maxwell
The holidays are supposed to be time when we celebrate the passage of time. Then that nasty word comes into play: "change". We so many times dread this word when we refer to ourselves, our actions, and the actions of co-workers and loved ones. Yet we look forward to it when we reach the last month of the year. Or do we?All over the media we all talk about being motivated to do that "c" word by making resolutions such as stopping to smoke, losing weight, paying off debt etc...but, some how on that list we rarely place CHANGE SELF, ENJOY LIFE. Myabe it's because no one feels pushed into changing. If we fail a test, become embarrased, or become inspired we think about change. We even go so far as to make it a resolution....but like many resolutions past it too will fall by the way side.
So, how can we keep our resolutions? Motivation. We must be motivated to continue and succeed at it. So, I have prepared a list of 12 main things or motivational tips that need to be built into your resolution thus securing your success.
1. Prepare yourself. Motivation is really just mental preaparation put into action. It is that little voice that tells you to get ready...and if you feel you should doubt your little voice, then consider this: when the bilical character Noah built an ark, it was not raining....but by the time he listened to that voice, I am sure he was happy he did so! Which brings me to point number
2. Stop procrastinating! If you need motivation for that see number 1
3. Visualize it. It may sound all guru lke, but eveyone does it all of the tiime. If you cannot imagine or feel what it would be like to reach that goal or change that you say you want, than your goal will just be a passing thought.
4.Desire it. Want that change, or goal more than anything else in the world right now. You have to make a habit out of your desire, by dreaming about. You don't have time to dream you say/ Sure you do: right before you go to bed, when you first wake up, in the restroom, during your ddaily commute...you get the idea.
5.Make things happen. All it takes is a positive action. One little step towards what you are desiring to achieve the motivation to keep goes comes. Remember that inaction is also an action, and most times not you will get a negative response to what it is you desire to achieve.
6. Avoid lying, cheating, and stealing. The negativity will give you the opposite of what you are attempting to achive.
7. Everyone is different. Your resolution to "c" whatever it is that you are choosing is based on your needs. You must choose something that pleases you first and with some understanding hopefully will please others. Psoitve changes usually do affect those around you because change for better or worse is something most people are uncomfortable with.
8.Practice makes perfect. If you are like me and you learned to ride a bicycle after falling numerous times despite the bruises, then grab the child like gutso and and keep recovering from you rmistakes untill you reach that goal.
9.Stay away from toxic people. You know who I mean. The people whether they are loved ones, co-worker, neighbors, and friends who hate to hear of your sucess or see you smile
10.Enjoy the process. Motivation is at it's height when you are happy to be doing something.
11.Believe in yourself.
12. As a certain shoe comapny is notorious for saying "JUST DO IT"!
Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!
(re-print from my site; article may be re-used just direct to my site)
Pregnancy Without Pounds - Weight L...
Pregnancy Without Pounds is an E-Book that teaches pregnant women how to av...
The 3 Simple Alkaline Tricks to Los...
Which can be viewed on any computer (PC or MAC). You can read it on your co...
My Recipes for Easy Gluten Free Bak...
No Strange Ingredients or Mixing Flours; just EASY Gluten Free Recipes for ...
Created on Dec 16th 2007 17:57. Viewed 302 times.