10 Biggest Mistakes In Affiliate Marketing And How To Avoid Themby Cathy Hall Though anyone can achieve success with affiliate programs, not everyone manages to do the same. The reason? Well, there are 10 of them, actually. These are the biggest mistakes that make success in affiliate marketing very elusive. Study them well, and read up on how to avoid them. Hurdling through these mistakes can spell the difference between monumental profits and dismal performance in your affiliate marketing campaigns.
- Believing that people would just click on their affiliate links. Though an affiliateâ€™s job is merely limited to pre-selling, pre-selling involves more than just displaying the affiliate links. It also entails encouraging people to click on them by enumerating the benefits that can be derived from the affiliate merchantâ€™s products, giving favorable recommendations about the use of the same, and providing an encouraging offer that would entice readers to check out the package.
- Believing that thereâ€™s such a thing as organic traffic. Organic traffic, or traffic that is naturally generated by a website, is a myth. There is no such thing! If youâ€™re hosting your affiliate links in one website, you canâ€™t expect people to find it just like that. You have to make them find it. This can be done through effective SEO techniques and efficient marketing strategies.
- Believing that employing one marketing strategy is enough. Some people actually think that submitting one article to the article directories would give them the amount of traffic they need. This is a fatal mistake. Limiting yourself to a single, or even a couple, of marketing tactics would be limiting the number of visitors you could generate for your website. Also, youâ€™ll fail to tap into other segments of your targeted market if your tactics arenâ€™t flexible enough to expand.
- Failing to study your campaignâ€™s performance. Most affiliates merely check on how much they have earned per day, and if such an amount remains at low levels, they fail to make corresponding adjustments because, well, they donâ€™t know which aspects of their campaigns need improving. It is important to study every facet of our marketing strategies. How many visitors are we generating for our website? How many of them are unique? How many are returning? How much time do they spend in our pages? Where are they coming from? To where are they exiting? These are the questions that can be answered by an excellent visitor tracking software program, and these are the questions that could help us improve the performance of our marketing endeavors.
- Failing to find an affiliate program which actually offers sellable products. Some affiliate programs may offer as much as a 95% commission per sale. But if the products are impossible to sell, youâ€™d never realize the profit the program promises.
- Failing to find an affiliate program with a proven record of consumer satisfaction. The credibility of an enterprise depends on how people view it. If the affiliate program has established great relationships with the members of its target market, then it has established a brand which is recognizable for its excellent service. Youâ€™d have an easier time pre-selling such an affiliate programâ€™s products.
- Failing to keep abreast with the latest developments in the industry. There will come a time when the marketing knowledge we know would become obsolete, more so in the field of internet marketing where everything transpires at a rapid pace. You have to constantly update yourself with the newest trends, techniques and news in this field to always keep your competitive edge.
- Failing to invest on knowledge. Knowledge likewise evolves and you have to evolve with it. Buy noteworthy eBooks, special reports and the likesâ€¦ those which would teach you the latest tactics to help you conquer your field.
- Resting on your laurels once a semblance of success is achieved. Success is not eternal. You have to sustain it. If you leave your business alone once it shows the promise of success, youâ€™re just setting it up for failure.
- Believing that affiliate marketing is a â€œget rich quickâ€ scheme. It is not. You have to invest a certain level of commitment, a lot of time, some financial resources on occasions, and a whole lot of effort if you want to truly realize the many wonderful things that this field does promise.
Created on Sep 21st 2007 17:00. Viewed 664 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.