10 Must Have Features Of An Ideal Health & Fitness Appby Chris E. Business Brand Executive
Living a healthy lifestyle has become trendy and people want to remain beautiful, successful, and fit. In such a scenario, the health and fitness apps have become the coach for people helping them to stay fit and fine. According to a study, it has been found that the use of health and fitness apps have increased by 330% during the last three years. But to develop an ideal health and fitness app is a daunting task. In this blog, we will discuss the ten key features of a health and fitness application.
· Creation Of An Account To Facilitate Registration Process: The first step is to create a account through which the users can register with your app. By maintaining an account, users can store information and retain their data if they change devices. For completing the registration process the users have to fill in details like their name, email id and contact number. The app will send a verification code to the concerned number and by using the code the user will be able to register with your application.
· Creating User Profile: After registration the users will have to create their complete profile by adding details like their age, gender, height, weight and other physical parameters such as whether he is allergic to something, if he is diabetic or has any other medical concern, etc. This step is important because your health and fitness app will prescribe specific workout sessions and diet charts in accordance with the basic information filled by the users.
· Integrating The App With Social Media: It is not mandatory that users want to log in into an account through their email. In such a case you should provide them a feature of logging through social media platforms like Facebook, Google+, and Twitter, etc. If your health and fitness app will be integrated with the social media platforms the users can easily share their results with their family and friends. More users will get inspired with these results and will start using your app.
· Connecting The App With Various Wearable Devices: You have to integrate your app with the wearable devices so that the users can smoothly track their daily workout and other physical activities. For example, you can use Apple’s HealthKit or Google Fit for storage and use different wearable manufacturers’ APIs such as Garmin or Tomtom to connect devices to your app.
· Feature Of Target Setting & Customization: Your health and fitness app should let users set their own targets on the basis of their body features, needs and expectations. The users should be able to set their own timeline, decide which exercise or activity they want to practice and when, what supplements they will intake during this course, what diet they will take, and so on.
· Maintaining A Track Record Of Workout And Diet Regimes: Your health and fitness app must assist the users in their day-to-day physical activities. The app should keep a track record of how many calories have been burnt or how much weight has been reduced. Apart from this, the app should be able to prepare a meal plan in accordance with the weight and calorie requirement of the users' body.
· The Facility Of Geolocation & Push Notifications: By incorporating the geoloction feature the users can remain aware of the route they are following for their daily jogging, running or cycling regimes. It will let users plan their routes, track their current location, and record workouts. The app should also be able to set reminders so that it can send push notifications to the users so that they don't miss any important exercise schedule or skip a meal.
· Incorporating The Live Audio & Video Tutorials: You can add live streaming audio or video tutorials option in your app which will offer the users with important tips on how to work or do a particular exercise. This feature will reduce the risk of injuries due to inappropriate exercise postures. It will boost users' morale and motivate them to perform exercises daily.
· Buying Equipment Or Health Drinks With Convenient Payment Options: You can also suggest users for buying a small gym equipment or supplementary health drinks on the basis of their physical needs. In order to buy these things you have to add a payment option which facilitates users to make purchases smoothly by paying through cards, wallets or banks.
· Reviews Section: There should be a review section in your app which let users give feedback about your app. It will allow you to spot the challenges and issues users are facing while using your app and you can improvise your app accordingly. This feature is significant for both the users and the developers.
Other than these basic features you can also add some extra features depending upon the nature of your health and fitness app. In order to build an exclusive health and fitness app you can contact skilled healthcare software developers from a reputed and experienced healthcare app development company.
Created on May 16th 2018 01:28. Viewed 156 times.