What is a BOPP film?by Deepika Olive SEO Executive “When polypropylene film is extruded and stretched in both the machine direction and across machine direction it is called bi-axially oriented polypropylene (BOPP).” – Wikipedia
The optical clarity and strength of polyester films increase after the biaxial orientation. Widely used as a packaging material, BOPP is used in packaging for snack foods, confectionary, bakery items and other fresh products. There are many BOPP film manufacturers who provide variety of options to their customers like heat sealable, industrial, pearlized and plain BOPP films. These films are manufactured depending on requirements like for packaging, sealing, labeling, printing, taping or for decorative purposes, as per their need customers can choose the right products.
Below listed are few applications of these polyester films.
- Packaging & Conversion
- Printing and Lamination
- Photo Albums
- Shrink wrap and many more
- Cables over wrap
- Reams/Sheets wrapping
- Confectionery packaging
- Industrial Coating
- Overwraps (CDs, Cigarettes)
- Synthetic Papers
- Biscuit/Sandwich over wrap
- Inner wrap
- Anti-fog (Food products)
- Adhesive Tapes
- Textile Bags
- Hot & Cold Anti-fog
- Thermal Lamination
Let’s have a look at few features of BOPP film.
- It has a great mechanical strength.
- It does not let water inside the packaging and acts as a great barrier to water.
- It does not react easily to chemicals and has amazing chemical resistance.
- It provides superb optical clarity.
- Strong composition leads to resistance in tearing and abrasion.
- Good quality films have high slip feature that allows the laminated products to stack one another without falling.
- These films are resistant to cracks and other damages making it a great packaging material.
- Good quality films do not cause any harm to food and the food packed with lamination films is safe for human consumption.
These are few features through which we can see that BOPP films are quite sturdy in nature.
Now let’s have a look at few advantages of BOPP films.
- Environment friendly in nature
- Light weight
- Protects packaged products from damage occurring from water, dust etc.
- Keeps the product dried
- Resistant to UV rays
These films are now an important element of our life. Imagine if there was no hygienic packaging how easily it would have caused so many infections and more. Thus, BOPP plays an imperative role in the packaging industry.
Through this article, we have studied general information about BOPP films. To know more about topics such as BOPP film manufacturers, polyester film manufacturers etc. keep reading our upcoming articles.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.