The Right Recipe To Make Coconut Yogurtby Nourishme Organics Your one stop shop for Organic Artisanal Probiotic We all know that eating yogurt is not only tasty, but healthy too. Yogurt is a slight brewed food containing gut bacteria with a couple of strains. Owing to the presence of these bacteria, the fermentation process occurs, which eventually improves the overall quality of nutrition of any kind of milk that is used. What’s the benefit? Well, this results in around 20% increase in protein along with a pool of probiotics and enzymes to improve digestion.
Coconut yogurt is suggested by most of the dieticians as it is a brilliant source of calcium that helps in bone-building. It also serves a high amount of minerals and magnesium to build muscles. Single serving of coconut yogurt supplies vitamin B-12 that is helpful in forming red blood cells.
Given the amazing health benefits of having yogurt in your daily routine, most of you must be thinking to make it on your own. Fret not, you can easily make coconut yogurt recipe at your home without much effort.
Follow The Tips And Recipe as Given Below:
The Right Milk For Coconut:-
Most of the chefs recommend organic coconut milk that is high in fat should be used for this purpose. It is easily available in tetra-packs or cans in any grocery store near you. The only negative point of using canned coconut milk to prepare the yogurt recipe is that in the lining of the can there toxic BPA that may lower the nutrition value of your food. Therefore you can purchase and add coconut milk that is full of cream and fat.
Hope you are now clear with the basics and ready to prepare coconut milk yogurt by your own.
Here is The Recipe:
Ingredients You May Require:-
- One full-fat tetra pack of coconut cream OR 3 can of BPA-free coconut milk.
- 2 probiotic pills (dairy-free).
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey.
- 1-2 cups of minced young coconut, agar agar, unflavoured grass fed gelatin.
Step-by-Step Process to Make Coconut Yogurt:-
- First of all, boil some water and sterilize the utensils like mixing spoons and yogurt containers.
- Now take a saucepan and heat coconut milk to rise its temperature to 180 degrees F. Now stop the heating process when reached the desired level. (Boiling the milk shall turn it in harmful bacteria, so avoid doing it).
- Take some agar agar or gelatin and mix it wisely in the hot milk.
- Now add coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey. Now let the milk cool down to 100 degrees. Remember hot milk will destroy the bacteria culture that you are expecting.
- Take ½ cup of coconut milk that is cool and mix it with the probiotic or the starter culture. Then stir it properly.
- Get the clean jars you sterilized in the first step, and put the cultured milk into them. Cover them gently and wait for 8 hours to let the fermentation process take place.
- After 7 hours, taste it and let it ferment more (if needed) for more of a savory taste.
- Check it after 1-2 hour for taste and stir it well for even consistency.
- Leave it in refrigerator for 6 hours or more. For thicker yogurt, pour it in a nut milk bag or some cheesecloth and let the temperature drop for 5 hours.
- Finally, when the yogurt is chill check that it can be separated by a spoon. Nourish it with a hand blender for a fluffy and light treat.
This is what that is required to make a great Coconut Yogurt. We wish you all the best for preparing it in the right way and enjoying it with your loved ones.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.