How to make your child feel comfortable and happy in joining a boarding?by Janvi Ahuja Content Developer,SEO Consultant,
Now that you have taken this decision to enroll your child at a boarding and you would want him to pass out from that boarding school, there are certain things that you still need to familiarize your child with so that he adapt surroundings really well.
· Try prioritizing your child’s preference against everything. It’s though true that whatever decisions you would take for him, would be for his best. But at times, you should listen to what your child is asking you to do, or what is he expecting you to do. Otherwise no matter you will choose the best boarding school for him and he is not happy about it, he won’t be able to perform well, which would be the last thing that you would wish for.
· It’s a myth about boarding that a child is punished when he is enrolled at a boarding by his parents, which is not at all true. So do not allow your child feel in the very same way. Make him feel happy over your decision. Furnish the fact that as positively as you would be with your child, it will strengthen him to deal against every circumstances, no matter how important it is.
· Instead of directly sending your child to school, make him visit to the residential schools in India first. Experimenting in any which way mighty turn out to be a costly affair, atleast in this case. So avoid doing it. Once you will make him visit to the school, he will probably feel comfortable in adjusting to the atmosphere. If your child is too young to be enrolled at a boarding, it will help him to see how well other children have meddled into the place and it’s actually fun to be at a boarding. Give them ample reasons to feel good and excited over your decision.
· Always teach your child that he should respect and obey his caretakers, remember family is the very school for every child. Though there are professional teacher in best boarding school, you should always fulfill your responsibilities to make your child a responsible human being.
· Homesickness is undeniably an inseparable characteristic. There are some children who may not be that extrovert about it, but its right there. So keep conversing with your child. It will eventually make your child feel comfortable. Though you can’t detach his affection towards home, try to make him feel pampered and loved, whenever you can. If possible, visit his boarding over weekends as well. The bottom line is that you should put your best efforts to eliminate all sort of negative thoughts, neglect to make him feel that he is still being loved as before and is being missed very badly by everyone at home. But during this, you ought-to take care that you’re very positive about variations, and should avoid nagging him or being overtly emotional. Once you’ll be overtly emotional, it will make the adjustment procedure complex.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.