Explore Delhi with Maidens Hotels Heritage Walk & Toursby Maidens Hotel A Heritage Hotel
Visiting the national capital and want to explore all the tourist places in Delhi? All you need to do is check into one of the hotels in North Delhi, more specifically in the Civil Lines neighbourhood, and check out their heritage walk and tours.
There are many advantages of booking a heritage walk and tour. The heritage walk organiser will show you a side of a city that is usually not in the guidebooks. The Maidens Hotel’s heritage walk and tour is a case in point. The hotel is, by itself, a heritage landmark, and was built during the time of the British Raj. The hotel pays special attention to the tours, and has a true-blue Delhi lover who knows all about the city, its nooks and crannies, Surekha Narain, a reputed organiser and conductor of heritage tours in charge. Here’s a guide on what the heritage walks and tours entail, and the tourist places in Delhi that they cover:
There are as many as 30 routes you can choose from, for walking. Each of these walks are designed differently to show you glimpses of Delhi you can never see in a stereotypical tour or tourist guide. There many off-the-beaten-track tours as well that you can choose and look at the tourist places in Delhi with a new perspective and rare stories lining these places.
Some of the extras to the tours are music, movies and a taste of local cuisine. It is only through the food and culture of a place that you understand its heritage and history. Delhi is full of many such rare spots rich in nuggets of history waiting to be explored.
What’s a round-up of all the tourist places in Delhi without ever coming in touch with the local people? People after all make places. The Maidens heritage walk and tours will take you in touch with local people, so you can interact with them and get to know of local stories never to be found in guide books!
Some of the popular walks include:
• A half-day tour of ‘Sultanate Delhi’, which will take you to places like the Qutb Minar, Sufi Shrine, home of a British Resident etc.
• A day-long tour of Mughal Delhi. Delhi is full of remains of the Mughal Empire, and this tour covers locations like Chandni Chowk, Red Fort, the Jama Masjid etc. If there is extra time, a trip to the bazaars of the city are also thrown in.
• A half-day Sufi Delhi tour that covers the tomb of Humayun and Nizamuddin Auliya’s shrine.
• A British Delhi tour, either half or full-day, to show you Civil Lines Delhi of the 1900s and also the New Delhi - Lutyens Zone Delhi.
• A Delhi University North Campus walk.
• There are other offbeat tours as well that cover Chandni Chowk, North Delhi, Central Delhi, a visit to some of the old cities that today make up the city, and the plush South Extension or South Delhi.
So, what are you
waiting for? Book yourself in one of the tours, and discover Delhi.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.