Explain how couples therapy work when you do online therapyby Simon Hopes Author
Keeping a relationship is hard work. Any problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further complications. Today, many couples have already significantly damaged their relationship before resorting to couple therapy. Research showed that the average couple has allowed six unhappy years to pass before seeking couples counseling.
Elements of successful couple’s therapy
1. Confidential information will be shared between both therapists who will use their own judgment to use this information working with their patients.
2. Focus instead on repetitive interactional patterns. Details are both powerful positively and negatively so discretion is necessary.
3. Focus on bringing common denominator of workable interests, communication in conflict and mutual activities in the past back to the surface.
4. Empower patients to share innermost feelings, hopes, disappointments, and subjective reality to diminish the conflict and foster a sense of connectedness.
5. Parallel counseling is given for couples to progressively share with one another their growing awareness of themselves for each partner to accept each other’s limitations and strengths.
Why online therapy is better for couple?
Online therapy is distance therapy through the phone or via internet. On the whole, many found this type of therapy better than the face-to-face encounter.
1. Most individuals find it difficult to express their feelings in personal encounters. Some need more space to reflect on their emotions aloud. The couple is given freedom to express and share their thoughts and feelings with the therapist.
2. Traditional therapy is difficult to schedule if you have kids. In online therapy, sessions can be made 24/7: wherever and whenever.
3. Therapy done online is more cost effective giving the couple significant savings. There are even discounts to include monthly subscription and quarterly plan.
4. Each partner is given the chance to communicate and share as much without any interruption.
5. The format provides partner time and space to reflect on responses and evaluate them rather than only focusing on what is being stated.
4. This paves the way for more frank emotional expressions and closer intimacy among partners.
5. Online couple therapy is also ideal for couples where one or both partners are often on the road or have different working schedules and do not give couple the opportunity to attend therapeutic sessions at the same time.
6. Format gives longer chance for couples to engage in productive talk that results in faster treatment progress.
Who benefits from online therapy?
Couples therapy is not only for the traditional relationship but helpful in all types of relationships. It benefits partners who are straight, LGBT, mixed-race, millennial, seniors, dating, engaged, married or divorced. For example, a couple engaged to be married might find counseling as the best time to address expectations of relationships prior to the wedding. Another couple in their mid-20 might discover couples therapy an effective way to rekindle their sense of thrill and romance in their waning relationship.
Couples therapy is the best option to resolve a current problem, limit the problem to exacerbate beyond repair or to provide a “check-up” for a happy couple experiencing an increased stress period of transition. The most common issues addressed in couple’s therapy include money problem, issues in parenting, sex &, infidelity, problems with in-laws, continuing chronic health issues, infertility, bad habits of gambling, alcohol & substance use, emotional distance and ongoing-domestic conflict.
Online therapy is here to stay and many couples use it to resolve problems in relationships. It is conveniently provided in line with the lifestyle of a couple living in the digital age.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.