DGSA: Duties and Responsibilitiesby Jam Dwade Blogger, Web Designer, Fitness
In accordance to the European Agreement on the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR), a business that involves loading, unloading and transport of dangerous goods by road, rail or inland waterways must appoint a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor or DGSA.
Chapter 1.8 of ADR specifies cases in which the requirement applies as well as the duties of the appointed DGSA. In the UK, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 oversees ADR regulations for appointing a DGSA.
The legal requirements in ADR training courses apply to any employer or employee who allows or is involved in the carriage of dangerous goods by road. Among these are the cargo consigners, freight forwarders, warehouse personnel and the manufacturers who produce the goods that are collected from their factory.
DGSAs must have the Vocational Training Certificate which is proof of completion of training. Duties of a DGSA include the following:
- Check on the compliance with legal requirements
- Advise the employer on dangerous goods
- Prepare and submit an annual report of the employers’ activities on hazardous substances
- Inspect and submit reports on any accident or emergency regarding dangerous goods
- Advise on security matters of transport
You can avail of DGSA services from Llewellyn (Safety Advisors) Europe to oversee your activities on the carriage and transport of dangerous goods by road or rail.
The cost of our services are individually assessed for each customer with no hidden fees for other services like non-emergency visits and reports. We charge a realistic annual fee and present no restrictive contracts.
Our basic services include:
- Written updates on relevant changes to the legislation
- Preparing annual reports
- Site visitations if necessary
- Evaluations of on-going training
- Security planning pertaining to dangerous goods
- Carriage advice for different modes (by road, rail, sea or air)
To learn more about DGSA’s visit the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website: http://www.hse.gov.uk/cdg/manual/adrcarriage.htm#dgsa.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.