Cost Estimation Tips for Basement Remodelingby Paul Palungus Home Builder
Thinking about renovating your basement can be a good idea, but a costly one, no matter how you look at it. When you are considering how to determine the cost of basement remodeling, it is a probably a good idea to think of the few things and talk to some professional remodeling contractors. Listed below are five such items of consideration.
1. Removal of Moisture Basements, more than any other place in a home, are harbingers of moisture. It is due to being below ground, and many homes have dehumidifiers put into place to prevent the onslaught of mold, since many health problems can arise from it. When thinking about this in the context of basement remodeling, it is important to remove any excess moisture prior to preparing the basement for renovation, but also to maintain a level of tolerable humidity to not ruin material put into place for a new room. You can contact a basement contractor for help with this.
2. Electrical Wiring Whether you need to add wiring or completely re-wire your basement altogether, which can cost well over $2,000 on up, you will need to discuss your needs with an electrician who will help you with your project. Things to consider will be the age of your house as well as whether or not the electricity renewed. Time and materials all go into a quote for this kind of project.
3. Flooring The flooring that you choose for basement remodeling can be very inexpensive. By merely keeping the existing floor and utilizing area rugs, or expensive due to either carpet installation or other materials used for this endeavour saves you allot of impending expenses for raw materials and service fee. A flooring contractor will gladly help you to determine the cost of the materials plus his or her labor by the square foot, for your project. For the material part, is good to bear in mind that if you happen to run out of budget, you can always revisit the flooring, since basements already have floors. There are many creative ways to go around it, too if need be. Still, this expense is important in the grand plan for your basement renovation.
4. Plumbing Installation Plumbing can be a nightmare, when it comes to basement remodeling. Whether or not you will need to add much more pipe to that which you already have can be both annoying and cumbersome to install for a contractor. The best-case scenario will be the contractor of your choice will present you with home remodeling options. However, bear in mind that you are paying them to do something for you, so if you wish to have plumbing installed properly, you will have to discuss this and ensure they understand your wishes. No one wants a plumbing nightmare, because this can lead to any or all plumbing locations within a house to back up or not work entirely.
5. Heating/Air Conditioning Installation Not everyone wants heating and air conditioning in a basement renovation, since the basement is naturally cool in the summer and warm in the wintertime. Still, this can be a huge added expense to basement renovation, and therefore taken into major consideration.
An HVAC expert will be the one to contact for this particular part of your project, since he or she will be very familiar with what is necessary, both material and labour wise for your needs. These are only five things to consider for basement remodeling, although truly there can be other costs involved, depending on what you are renovating your basement for.
The cost of renovating a basement can run from about $20,000 to well over $45,000, so it is integral that you consider something affordable between these two figures for your family. It should be noted that in many cases, only the basement renovation preparation can fall into that price range, with materials and labour being secondary, so again it is wise to see what every penny will cost you and for what reason.
When you do obtain quotes, be sure to get everything in writing. Look into at least two or more contractors to compare costs, too. Sometimes the cheapest labour can get the job done under a general contractor, too so please bear this in mind. Work crews will need access to your facilities, unless you specifically do not wish this to occur, since trafficking to and from a basement can be very dirty and dusty by nature.
While planning for your basement remodeling, always consult with professional contractors before you end up making a final decision for what you wish to turn your basement. To find a contractor who can help you with your kitchen remodeling needs, please visit. Here, you will find the type of contractors mentioned in this article, thus bringing you closer to your new renovation.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.