Checklist for Successful Lead Generation Campaignsby Jam Dwade Blogger, Web Designer, Fitness
Generating and qualifying new leads isn't an easy job. It requires due-diligence, extensive research and smart planning to achieve your growth goals. When done right, you will be rewarded with a strong flow of sales leads in your pipeline, increasing the revenue of your company.
To help you with that, here is a checklist to remember when planning your lead generation campaign or improving your b2b telemarketing efforts.
1. A quality prospect list. Sales pros will tell you that acquiring new customers is a numbers game. The more you have in your prospects list, the better off you are. However, they also fail to tell you that numbers do not necessarily translate to more sales conversions.
Better to have a smaller number of qualified leads in your targeted customers than the other way around. With that in mind, when gathering your list of prospects, keep quality prospects list in mind.
2. A good script. Make sure to prepare a compelling script that you can use for the campaign. Write down the essential points you need to communicate say and how you direct flow of the conversation. Master the script and prepare qualifying questions you need for the actual call with a prospected client.
3. Visualization. Visualize before making the call. You need to prep up properly before you pick up the phone. Anticipate and foresee any possibilities that may happen during the call such as objections, questions and other reactions you get from the prospect. This way you will be better prepared and gain the best chance of accomplishing the goal of your call.
4. Follow up. One of the most practical advices in lead generation and appointment setting services, also the best one, is to never allow your leads "to die on the vine." If you do not get what you wanted from the prospect in your initial call, don’t give up and try another better approach. Follow up on your calls and set an appointment.
You have to make sure also that you inform your prospects for any changes, improvement, or any promotional offers that they can benefit from, and then make a follow up.
5. Nurture leads. Cultivate the relationships you established with prospected clients. Stay in touch with them and offer them information about you new offers. When the time comes when they need something from you, they immediately know who to call. So keep track of your targeted clients and keep them in touch with the through phone calls, or email.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.