BOPP films-the attributes, benefits and usesby Deepika Olive SEO Executive The world is changing fast in terms of lifestyles and due to these changes, people expect products that are easy to handle, lightweight, appealing, shatter proof and protected. This is where the importance of using plastics becomes useful. Plastics are also useful as a flexible packaging material. There are a number of plastic film manufacturers who offer good quality plastics for the packaging industry.
When it comes to using plastic as a packaging material, out of the different types available, Biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) film is the most preferred and popular one. This film is generally heat sealable and co-extruded.
Let’s go through the attributes, benefits and uses of BOPP films to have a better understanding.
- Compared to other films, BOPP renders high yield at the same cost. They have density nearer to 0.90 g/m.
- They come with fine finish and excellent look as they have high transparency and good gloss.
- Along with the tendency to resist harmful chemicals and pollution, BOPP films are great moisture resistant as well.
- They are available in a wide variety such as glossy, matte, silky matter etc. But make sure you get them from reputable BOPP film manufacturers.
- They have excellent clarity and best dimensional stability.
- They act as an effective barrier to water vapour and are resistant to oils and grease.
- As they are moisture resistant, they doesn’t wrinkle or shrink with environmental changes and are recyclable.
- These Bopp films are environment friendly.
- They are light in weight and are easy to handle.
- They are easily accepted all across the world and protect the products from damage to great extent.
- They keep the product dry and no de-lamination is required.
- They have good clarity and are ultra-violet resistant, provided you buy them from well-known plastic film manufacturers.
- BOPP films are used widely in the packaging industry for packaging and sealing of products.
- They are also used for printing, electrical applications and lamination
- These films are also used for text book covering, flower packing, extrusion coating and reverse printing
- They are used as pressure sensitive and adhesive tapes too.
Thus, this post must have helped you to understand why BOPP films are so popular. However, if you want to enjoy the benefits of using these films, you should make sure that you buy them from renowned BOPP film manufacturers who are known for their quality products.
We’re done with this post on the attributes, benefits and uses of BOPP films. To know more about topics such as BOPP film manufacturers, plastic film manufacturers etc. keep reading our upcoming articles.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.