20 Ways To Get More Alexa Juiceby Linda Correa Making Money On The Internet
I found this article at Shjare This . It was written by Alvin Phang. I thought it was worth bringing to your attention
If you are new to Alexa, you would know that itâ€™s a popular tool that many bloggers online used to see how well a website performs online. Ranked based on a number from 1 to 1,000,000, the website which has the lowest number ranked would be the have the highest amount of traffic.
Hereâ€™s a definition of Alexa from their site
The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach). As a first step, Alexa computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on the Web on a daily basis.
The main Alexa traffic rank is based on the geometric mean of these two quantities averaged over time (so that the rank of a site reflects both the number of users who visit that site as well as the number of pages on the site viewed by those users). The three-month change is determined by comparing the siteâ€™s current rank with its rank from three months ago. For example, on July 1, the three-month change would show the difference between the rank based on traffic during the first quarter of the year and the rank based on traffic during the second quarter.
How can you get started using the Alexa tool bar?
I would highly recommend you use FireFox instead of Internet Explorer as it seems that FireFox runs faster =)
Why Having More Alexa Juice Is Important?
For a very strong reason because Alexa helps to determine prices of your text links when it comes to ad networks online. Ad networks like Text Link Ads, TNX & Sponsored Reviews all use Alexa Ranking to determine the price of your links.
Having Said That Here Are Way You Can Get Higher Alexa Rankings For Your Blog, do note some of the ideas below can be crazy but you can give it a shot =)
1. Visit social sites like blogcatalog and ask them to review your blog. Because most of the people at that community mainly are tech savvy they would have Alexa tool bar installed.
2. Get a group of friends to install the Alexa Toolbar and bookmark your blog as their home page in their browser
3. Talk about how useful Alexa is about to encourage your loyal readers to install them to give you more rank power from Alexa.
4. Refreshing your browser many times a day with your tool bar ( I am not too sure how well this works as it claims that Alexa counts votes based on IP address)
5. Set your blog as your default home page in your browser
6. Start some form of contest to ask your readers to refer friends to your blog but put a condition that must use the toolbar to visit your blog. You can easily do this with integrated affiliate programs that you can buy online. One such program I would recommend would be PostAffiliate
7. If you happen to be the IT administrator of your company or you know the person very well, get him to install the tool bar on all computer terminals and set your blog as the default. ( Caution this would create lots of awareness of your doings online.. haha )
8. Go to webmaster forums like digital point and talk about topics related to Alexa as readers from there tend to love content related to Alexa and would visit your blog to give comment which in return gives you some rank power.
9. Outsource a programmer to do up a plug in where you can freely distribute to your readers to increase exposure of your blog. However at the copyright column you insert a link direct to your Alexa link back url which looks like http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect?www.gathersuccess.com . Replace gathersuccess.com with your website.
10. Post comments on popular blogs with your Alexa back link url when filling in the comment form.
11. Change your profile on your myBlogLog to link to your blog to a Alexa redirect link to your blog to get more Alexa juice.
12. Optimized your post to allow people to click on other of your posts on your blog with your Alexa redirect link.
13. Pay forum people who sells their signatures links and post your Alexa redirect link to your blog.
14. Use PPC Campaigns to pay your way to get more traffic to your blogs with your redirect link
15. Setup Solo Ad Campaigns with a list of 500 or more which cost about US$20 each and advertise your blog with your Alexa redirect link
16. Show off your rankings of Alexa with widgets. Recommend use the ShowOffRankings widgets which you can see it on my blog.
17. Visit peopleâ€™s profiles in myBlogLog daily up to 5 profiles and say Hi to them and ask them to review your blog using your Alexa redirect link.
18. Write a report why people should install Alexa toolbar.
19. Education people how useful Alexa Tool bar by tell your readers that you can use it to determine peopleâ€™s traffic patterns.
20. Buy banner and links from other blogs to promote your blog with your Alexa redirect link
So thatâ€™s it the 20 quick ways you can get more Alexa Juice for your blog. Need more ideas? Also do check out Doshâ€™s article at this link here which he shares more in depth how to get more Alexa Juice =)
This was posted at Share THis By my friend Alvin Phang and I wanted to share it with you.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.